Types of Protein

As the name says. A reference forum for all the information for newbies to catch up on all the action.

Types of Protein

Postby Canuck Singh » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 am

- Whey: 20% component of Milk, this is a great protein source Highly Anabolic
- Acid Whey
- Isolates of Whey
- Casein: 80% component of Milk, another great protein source Highly - anti-Catabolic
- Micellar or Caseinate Casein
- Milk protein isolate/concentrate: A mix of whey and casein
- Soy protein: A descent protein source once or twice a day
- Pea Protein: A protein source for those with allergies
- Gemma Protein: A descent protein source
- Brown Rice protein: Another protein source for those with strict diets
- Hydrolysed Whey Protein
- Instant Milk Protein
- Organic Hemp Protein
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Re: Types of Protein

Postby GurpreetSinghNZ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Excellent information!
GurpreetSinghNZ

Postby singha » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:32 pm

i take protein shakes 3-4 times a day, so that i'll consume 120 grams pr day.

i bought 5 kilos of whey protein and mix it with milk
singha

Postby Canuck Singh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 pm

An oligopeptide is fancy name for a short chain of amino acids linked together in chains or peptides. In biochemistry we call two amino acids bonded together a di-peptide, three aminos a tri-peptide, and any other number of amino acids linked together fewer than 100, an oligopeptide. The most exciting part is that research has demonstrated rather conclusively that proteins consisting of these short chain amino acids are absorbed differently and more effectively than normal protein foods or regular protein formulas.

Protein is completely broken down during digestion into the tiny individual amino acids so they can be absorbed by the gut. This type of protein digestion can take up to 6 hours. What’s more, your body has to do a lot of work to digest this protein and much of it doesn't get to where you want it to go.

On the other hand, whey protein, particularly oligopeptide chains, do not require gastric hydrolysis and are absorbed intact. This enables large amounts of nitrogen from these amino acid chains to be delivered right into the muscle.

Amazingly this is thought to occur because, similar to strands of DNA, amino acids, that are linked in a precise order, carry messages with specific information to the muscles for the direct formation of cellular proteins. Uniquely, these peptide structures are recognized by cell membranes and pass through gut cells into the blood stream for delivery straight to muscle cells where they carry out the specific cellular process they are designed for.

It makes sense to deliver large chunks of a structure instead of waiting for all the individual small bricks. This is faster and more efficient. Oligopeptides are the bioactive peptides that deliver more muscle building nitrogen and building block information to muscle cells quicker and easier. This stimulates greater increases in protein synthesis rates to help builds bigger and higher quality muscle.
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby Dexter » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello friends,
i am new in this forum,
i am very glad to see all of you here,
please keep sharing and posting here,
thanks !!!!!
Dexter

Postby Malton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 am

Well,Protein is the best source of the energy and get strength so protein is one of the basic building
blocks of the human body, making up about 16 percent of our total body weight.I am agree with all your
reviews about it and mostly i like these types of the protein...
Organic Hemp Protein
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
Instant Milk Protein
Brown Rice protein...
Malton

---------

Return to NewbieWiki