Street Fighting

Every other type of training here, including stretching, different training styles.

Street Fighting

Postby Balbir Singh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Just thought I would give an insight into the type of training I do, hopefully someone could make some use of this. Firstly, I've been training on/off (mainly off!) for 8 years, started with weights, moved onto boxing, then grappling (takedowns, pins, submissions) and finally street fighting. I try to combine anything I've learnt over the years which would be adaptable and practical for the street.

Before I go further, the situation I am talking about is when physical action is your last option.

In the street fight, anything goes, there are no rules! Biting, eye goughing, groin strikes, Kara strikes and fish hooks (I'll explain later what one of them is). Annihilate or be annihilated! Destroy or be destroyed! Sounds harsh but thats the reality.

One thing I've learnt is that the best line of self defence is to attack! Sounds unethical but its reality...whats quicker action or reaction? ACTION
Strike first, and hard. You see many Self Defence instructors teaching from a reaction basis, which is very unlikely to work in a real situation. These sorts of instructors have never been in a real situation so how do they know it will work?

Secondly, most fights start from what we call conversation range, which is the distance between two people having a conversation. Therefore, kicking is less likely to be used because one will be too close. The main artillery on the street is your punches, this is where most fights are won. However, many fights go to the ground so the grappling range can not be neglected. Kicks are more useful as a finishing tool ie axe kicks to an opponent on the floor.

Thirdly, train for reality e.g. hit the bag/pads hard! Once a mass brawl broke out at an International Karate Tournament, it lasted 5mins and amazingly no one was hurt! Why? Because these guys were training for competition hence were always pulling there punches on impact just to score points, this built into their Muscle Memory. So when it came to the live situation they were still pulling there punches. So the muscle memory needs to be built of Hard strikes that will knock the assailant out!

Fourthly, theres no need for hundreds of techniques, it will only confuse you when it comes to the street. Limit your artillery to a few strikes and repeat them over and over!

So to conclude this introduction into my obsession with real combat:

1) Pre-emptive Strike (There are no rules!)
2) Punching is the main artillery
3) Muscle Memory
4) Master a few effective techniques

P.S This is what its all about and something I drill on the pads/bag most of the time:

Balbir Singh

Re: Street Fighting

Postby fitnesswinner » Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Hey,
This is unbelieved video they beat the guy.
-------------
fitnesswinner

Re: Street Fighting

Postby barkrichards » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:30 pm

There is a unique reproduce of men, that when inebriated, start battles with unique people. This reproduce, when discovered in their outrageous environment, are often associated with their in the same way boneheaded friends.
barkrichards

---------

Return to Fitness Training - Flexibility Plyometrics & MMA