Postby hsingh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Sunday Jan 17 2010 UPPER BODY
@ 2:40pm for 50 mins
All weights in pounds

1. BW Pushups on stability ball
x15, x15, x12

2. BW Dips
x12, x9, x8

3. Lat Pull down + Bicep Dumbbell Curls (unilateral) [weights listed for each arm]
warmup: 45x12 + n/a
70x10 + 25x10, 80x8 + 25x10, 80x8 + 25x8

4. Single Arm Bent Over Dumbbell Row + Bicep Dumbbell Curls
[60x10 + 25x8]x3

5. Standing Bar Shoulder Press
warmup: 45x12, 65x8
85x6, 85x5

Review: These days I really don't have any goals, just get to the gym and workout, keep it simple, ensuring I keep the muscle I have worked so hard to build. Need to start with shoulder press next time, as it can be seen, I can't do much with it as the last exercise. I'm okay with the weight but need to increase the reps.
hsingh

Re: hSingh's Training Journal

Postby hsingh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Bad news: Looks like I have somehow managed to damage my disk during sit ups about 3 weeks ago. Sitting on a chair, if I extend my left leg I feel some discomfort on the left side of my lower back. The discomfort increases if I look down or hunch my back. To mitigate the effects, I'm immediately going to stop putting any weight on the back i.e. weighted squats are gone; dead lift is gone. Furthermore, I will focus on strengthening the core area + alter my diet to focus on fat loss to reduce my now noticeable gut.

Activities like walking and sitting do not cause any discomfort, so I think this can be reversed, just need to take it easy for a while.

I still fail to understand how can a bloody sit up cause disk damage?!!! :(
A question for you, what kind of activities are safe to do in such situations? Last thing I want to do is re-aggravate it...

Good news: Pelvis alignment is holding a lot better than before.
hsingh

Re: hSingh's Training Journal

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 am

How you doin bro?

Thats really bad news. The other day I was doing weighted situps.. I felt a bit of tension on my lower back also. Be careful and get well soon! Take your time while you heal.
Putt_Punjabi

---------

Previous

Return to Training Journals