hSingh's Training Journal

Put up your training journal here

Re: hSingh's Training Journal

Postby hsingh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Hit the gym today, total body workout. dead lift, pull downs, rows, push ups, dips, squat, shoulder press. New training partner gave up half way through, and wanted me to finish fast so we could leave. Rushed through the last half of my workout, not good, but got it done.
hsingh

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 pm

haha,

when they start to do that "lets goo mannn", that's when you tell them to go do some cardio until you finish :).
Putt_Punjabi

Postby hsingh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 am

when they start to do that "lets goo mannn", that's when you tell them to go do some cardio until you finish
I did tell him to walk on the treadmill until i finished, but apparently even with that all the alcohol he had the night before was "coming up"...oh well

I had my first training session and I realized my lactic threshold is embarrassingly low! It was a circuit:
- 500m on rower
- 25 wide stance bw squats
- 25 push ups
- 25 sit ups

That was one set. During set # 2, while rowing I had already gotten pretty close to my lactic threshold as I pushed to get the 500m in under 2 minutes (I have never used the rowing machine before). Basically by the time I started 3rd set, I was looking pretty bad and the trainer lowered the intensity in a major way. I was feeling light headed as well and I think a little damage was done to the lower back during the sit ups too. In any case, this was a test session and hopefully next one will be more structure to suit my specific needs.

I should really start having a pre-workout shake containing simple carbs to help with the performance. I will try an iced capuchino 1 hr before my next training session.

PS. my throat is sore :(
hsingh

Postby Canuck Singh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 am

glad to see your still making the effort,
but...

where do all these sickness/illnesses continue to creep up on you?
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby jageerdar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:44 am

Could it be nutrition? i know i get weak when i'm dieting...
jageerdar

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Ki gal ah mundia?

Get on the good diet my friend.. eat something powerful! dudh! makhan! chak theh lolllll
Putt_Punjabi

Postby hsingh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:19 pm

where do all these sickness/illnesses continue to creep up on you?
I'm not sure really, things have not looked good since I hurt my shoulder this past summer. I usually get sick once a season and had gotten the flu beginning of November, so this is strange why it's happening again! I have made changes to my diet a little
- have fruit with milk in the morning instead of my usual daal + roti
- stopped having protein shakes, due to foul flatulence. But I'm going to start with them again, this time will try mixing it with juice instead of milk and see how the gas levels turn out

Could it be nutrition? i know i get weak when i'm dieting...
That is expected, but I'm not on a diet. If anything, I'm eating more than I used to!

Ki gal ah mundia? Get on the good diet my friend.. eat something powerful! dudh! makhan! chak theh lolllll
Have 2 glasses of milk/day, no makhan for me though...guess I need to increase my roti intake perhaps? I'm only having 1 roti a day these days

I'm also going to increase my Vitaminc C intake, will make orange juice a regular part of my diet. I had a bottle of orange juice from Subway yesterday as I could tell throat was getting bad. Let's hope for the best, I've fallen off the waggon completely, need to get healthy again.
hsingh

Postby Canuck Singh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Can you post your diet including your nutrition?
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby hsingh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:03 am

Here you have it :)

Meal 1 (~ 8 am)
1 cup 2% milk
2 pieces of fruit (usually an apple and some other fruit) + some blueberries
(1 spoon of chawanprash, if I can remember)

Meal 2 (~ 11:30 am)
1 bowl of daal (or some sabji if that's what is cooked)
1 smaller bowl of dahi

Meal 3 (~ 3 pm)
1 boxed of mixed veggies (lots of fiber) from Green Giant
1 cup of milk

Meal 4 (~ 6:30 pm)
1 roti made from 100% whole wheat
1 small bowl of dahi

I also have 1 multi vitamin for Active Men every day; lately protein shakes have been limited to only the workout times (before and after only).

The above is generic, I do deviate from it some days, but that's what I have normally on weekdays.
hsingh

Postby Canuck Singh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:07 am

hsingh wrote:1 cup 2% milk
2 pieces of fruit (usually an apple and some other fruit) + some blueberries
(1 spoon of chawanprash, if I can remember)
Meal 2 (~ 11:30 am)
1 smaller bowl of dahi
Meal 3 (~ 3 pm)
1 boxed of mixed veggies (lots of fiber) from Green Giant
1 cup of milk
Meal 4 (~ 6:30 pm)
1 roti made from 100% whole wheat
1 small bowl of dahi

Seems pretty straightforward and fairly clean relatively. One thing you may want to try is double up the dosage of the multi-vitamin for a short while, increase water intake slightly.

I really don't understand why one would not want to take protein on a regular basis. If you are not supplying extra amino's to the body from food, the body will use amino's from muscle for either the immune system, the brain, to develop enzymes, for repair, to fight infection, what have you. Protein is a must must must.
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby hsingh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:44 pm

I have already increased my water intake, usually I have at least 2 litres/day, during fat loss program that gets increased to 3. Already I am taking 2 multi vitamin pills as well, have also started taking 2 cups of Calcium fortified orange juice, give my immune system plenty of Vitamin C ;)

I really don't understand why one would not want to take protein on a regular basis. If you are not supplying extra amino's to the body from food, the body will use amino's from muscle for either the immune system, the brain, to develop enzymes, for repair, to fight infection, what have you. Protein is a must must must.
Bhaji, I had sent you a PM regarding this a while back. The only reason I stopped is due to excessively foul flatulence, wasn't digesting the protein properly. But it has been brought to my attention that it may be because I was taking it with milk, so now I am trying have it with orange juice instead; let's see how this goes. I'm even willing to try it out with water only, it's going to taste pretty bad but if having that will keep my healthy then I'll work through the unpleasant_ness.

Thanks for the tips!
hsingh

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Are you taking protein power with juice? I usually take it with water. Is it not flavoured? Or are we talking Creatine here?

PP
Putt_Punjabi

Postby hsingh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 pm

I used to mix protein powder in milk before; it's probably been about a month since I stopped taking protein shakes completely. But since yesterday I am mixing with juice, so let's see how it goes. It's chocolate flavour so mixing with water will not taste good.
hsingh

Postby hsingh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm

I passed out in the gym yesterday! for about 10 seconds I was completely out. Going to pay my doctor a visit, start with some blood tests to see if I'm deficient in something.
hsingh

Postby hsingh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:07 am

Friday Jan 15, 2010 LEGS
@ 7:40pm for 40minutes

1. Squat + b/w squat on upside down bosu ball
warmup: 45x10 + x10, 95x10 + x10
115x10 + x10, 115x12 + x10, 115x15 + x10

2. Romanian Dead lift
warmup: 45x10, 95x10
115x8, 135x8, 135x10

3. Lunges holding 15lb dumb bell in each hand
x25, x25

Review: A quick workout; I think I injured my lower back slightly during working set # 2 of the squat, lost control for fraction of a second on my way down. Things are improving today however. Had my HR monitor on so here are some stats

600 kcals burnt
Avg hr = 151
Max hr = 194
hsingh

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Training Journals