Ghee (gheo)

Feel free to ask about anything here, and you'll be provided down to earth and often research backed answers.

Ghee (gheo)

Postby hsingh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

What are your thoughts on eating gheo? It is touted by elders as THE food that made them strong during their younger days. I checked the label and it's mostly saturated fat.
hsingh

Re: Ghee (gheo)

Postby AmardeepSingh » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:24 pm

I know friends who drink a glass of melted gheo everyday. They say they feel weak without it.
I don't know anything about fats and saturated fats but I think if you live an active lifestyle you shouldn't have any problems burning that fat off.
I've heard stories of how athletes from India would make gheo and almonds a big part of there diets, not just the vegetarian athletes.
These days there are all sorts of supplements and foods that you can take that are probably much better healthier then gheo.
AmardeepSingh

Postby SportySardar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 pm

I would think we would stay away from ghee. Maybe the life style in the older times afforded them the luxury of having ghee. I cant imagine drinking a glass of
it. That just sounds plain crazy.
SportySardar

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 am

I dont know about a glass oh gheo... I highly doubt that will be healthy in any way. I still get a little bit on a regular basis.. for example in my saag, sabji etc.. but very little :)
Putt_Punjabi

---------

Return to Questions & Answers