Fat loss help required

Put up your training journal here

Fat loss help required

Postby Kudi_Punjaban » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:18 pm

I need help in losing fat. I am 21 and I do like snack...:D
I want to get lean and slim, can someone help me please? :)
Kudi_Punjaban

Re: Fat loss help required

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:19 pm

eat proper and exercise.
Putt_Punjabi

Postby Canuck Singh » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Kudi_Punjaban wrote:I need help in losing fat. I am 21 and I do like snack...:D
I want to get lean and slim, can someone help me please? :)

Absolutely, you have come to the right place.

Maybe you can start by posting your average daily diet, and we can move from there.

To keep a lean and healthy physique, diet is only 1 variable that can be effectively manipulated to enhance health and longevity.

The other component is exercise, so another question is, what are you currently doing, and what are you willing to do?

Whatever your goals, I think we can make them realistic and suitable for you if you so wish to continue, :D

& welcome 8-)
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby Kudi_Punjaban » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Well for starters...i try to have atleast 5 small meals aday. I make sure I have breakfast, which will be a piece of toast or a banana with a cup of tea with soy milk. I take small snack bites to keep me occupied when i'm hungry in class, as well as a bottle of water on me the whole day. I try to eat lunch around 12 or 1pm, which is usually salad or roti or pasta, depending on what i make or buy at school. Den i have a snack when i get home, which is an apple or a bagel with cream cheese if i'm really hungry. I eat a small handful of almonds before heading out to the gym...
For exercise...I go to the gym atleast 4days a week for an hour each. I do 30-35 minutes of cardio on two cardio machines, mixing up the times and the activities on these machines, like the treadmill, eliptical, or the stairclimber. Den I do hip adductions and abductions, 15 reps, 3 times currently with 70 lbs. I also do knee extensions and knee flexions, 15 reps, 3 times. My main goal is tone my thighs, hips and stomach area. I also do crunches with my body weight, as well as a good 15 minute stretch out at the end of my workout. I know there are alot of improvements to make with my workout...
Kudi_Punjaban

Postby Canuck Singh » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:22 pm

Kudi_Punjaban wrote:Well for starters...i try to have atleast 5 small meals aday. I make sure I have breakfast, which will be a piece of toast or a banana with a cup of tea with soy milk. I take small snack bites to keep me occupied when i'm hungry in class, as well as a bottle of water on me the whole day. I try to eat lunch around 12 or 1pm, which is usually salad or roti or pasta, depending on what i make or buy at school. Den i have a snack when i get home, which is an apple or a bagel with cream cheese if i'm really hungry. I eat a small handful of almonds before heading out to the gym...

Great, 5 small meals a day is a smart move in the right direction. Breakfast is even a better way to boost metabolism. Now from what I can make out this is your daily diet
Wake - Toast/banana + tea + soy milk
Recess - Snack bites
Lunch - Salad/Roti/Pasta
Afterschool - Apple/Bagel + cream cheese
Pre exercise - Almonds (handful)

All this looks great, but there are a few questions you need to ask yourself when making meal choices. Firstly, is the toast you eat wholemeal or white bread, Drop the banana and replace it with berries and yoghurt, or a starchy fruit such as whole apple, grapes, or other. IN fact you may want to have vegetable juice which is an even better choice. The tea is a great way to kick start metabolism, for an extra boost try some green tea as well, and add some cinnamon to your tea.
I am not entirely sure what Snack bites provide in terms of calories, but this is a time where definitely sliced carrots, cucumbers and vegetables would make a more sound choice.
Lunch looks kind of wild. Salad is great, but roti or pasta if it is white starchy carbohydrate is a poor choice for this particular meal. I recommend sticking to a salad and adding in tofu or cooked paneer for extra calcium and protein, as well as to fill you up some more.
Afterschool looks great, but watch out for that bagel. A single bagel can have over 50g of carbs in a single serving. Try Cream Cheese on Cracker or whole meal Ryvita breads. IN fact have a fruit first, and then see if you need to have anything more if you are really hungry. Another good addition is milk or dairy products. Calcium is research proven to enhance fat loss, and it appears to be lacking in the daily diet.
Pre exercise is interesting, how do you manage to exercise with a full stomach? Almonds are probably a better choice for an early morning snack. In fact pre workout is when you want the more sugary carbs such as a small bowl of pasta with sauce (no cheese).
Where is the after exercise meaL? Is there any? Because if not you could be compromising your fat burning ability as this is prime time that your body needs nutrients. This is also the time where immediately after your workout you can take in white carbs. These will go directly to working muscle to enhance muscle size and strength, while help reducing body fat. This is truly what will help with 'toning'

Other things to consider are:
- Increase vegetables. They are full of fibre, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants, and best of all they make you feel full while it takes your body more calories to digest them, than the calories you get from them
- Increase calcium intake, try cottage cheese instead of cream cheese for example. Add yoghurt to fruits for at least one meal, and replace banana.
- Water is a great way to burn calories, your body burns calories to warm up water to body temperature!

For exercise...I go to the gym atleast 4days a week for an hour each. I do 30-35 minutes of cardio on two cardio machines, mixing up the times and the activities on these machines, like the treadmill, eliptical, or the stairclimber. Den I do hip adductions and abductions, 15 reps, 3 times currently with 70 lbs. I also do knee extensions and knee flexions, 15 reps, 3 times. My main goal is tone my thighs, hips and stomach area. I also do crunches with my body weight, as well as a good 15 minute stretch out at the end of my workout. I know there are alot of improvements to make with my workout...

Wow, you are quite active, Good job. You will reap the rewards with an illness free and long life.
You are doing everything that research suggests will help the fat burning process, mixing up cardio machines, and keeping sessions relatively short. However, what I recommend is that you complete your exercise before your cardio to enhance fat loss. THe reason being that you will burn more calories that way. You can begin with a warm up, then do weights, then finish with cardio.
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby Putt_Punjabi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:15 am

comeon now imp, u aint hittin the gym 4 times a week.. stop lieing to the king ! lol
Putt_Punjabi

Postby Matheen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Sorry for the off-topic post, but bhen ji, I eat more for breakfast than you eat in a day..... :mrgreen:

Keep training! i wish more of our sisters took care of their fitness & strength.
Matheen

Postby coucouza » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:51 pm

eat less calories and do exercises :)
coucouza

---------

Return to Training Journals