Desi ingredients that improve health!

This is a collective source for those of you who wish to find products to help you with your healthy lifestyle.

Desi ingredients that improve health!

Postby Canuck Singh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Vital Factors in health, is the dietary control of the body’s anabolic hormones, in particular insulin. Control of insulin production via the correct eating pattern can shift human physiology permanently towards muscle gains (anabolism) and fat utilization.

A number of common foods that people use everyday have been shown to improve insulin function. Two studies presented recently at The Experimental Biology Meeting, 2006 have shown that:

* Cinnamon acts an anti-inflammatory agent but also improves insulin function.
* Extracts of cloves were found to improve the function of insulin and lower blood glucose, total cholesterol and triglycerides in people with type-2 diabetes.

While earlier studies identified the potential of these herbs, this new research is the first evidence of a clear beneficial effect in humans using amounts that are easily achieved in the diet.

Try adding cinnamon and cloves to some of your meals each day. Not only will this add flavor, it will also promote healthy insulin function; a key aspect of achieving a lean, muscular physique.
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Re: Desi ingredients that improve health!

Postby lionheart29 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Just to add to this.. in my undergrad i did research on the herbs and spices that are commonly used in different cuisines around the world... the hypothesis was that "early man" must have used anything n evrything he/she could find in ther cooking and whatever they found beneficial was kept and we've evolved to love such tastes..for e.g. garlic...onions...cinnamon etc. Basically, whatever your mom uses for her "tarka" hehe. My research team we focused on garlic... onions.. cinnamon.. i forget the last one but it was some sorta herb... we tested each herb/spices extract's effect on different colonies of bacteria. Garlic turned out to be the winner, at times having over 90% colony mortality rate.

We concluded that the herbs/spices we use today are there for a reason. Its an evolutionary benefit that we've come to accept. So next time your moms making her "tarka" n it smells bad... ignore it n be proud... haha
lionheart29

Postby Canuck Singh » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Garlic turned out to be the winner, at times having over 90% colony mortality rate

Is that survivability rate, or the rate at which the 'bad' bacteria were destroyed?

All of those herbs have significant research regarding health benefits that can not simply be described in a petri dish. Cinnamon has positive effects on insulin, and markers of cardiovascular health, amongst others.

Nonetheless, there is great benefit from many of the ingredients commonly used in traditional punjabi cooking.
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby jakob » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:00 am

Yes this statement is a fact Desi ingredients are very helpful to improves health.
They contains allot of energy in them which helps to improve health.
jakob

Postby Marck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 am

Well!!!Healthier foods has own importance in our life.So we should be eat healthier and
energetic foods for weight loss and fitness.But according to me that vegetarian foods are
so perfectible for keep fitness and the weight loss...
Marck

---------

Return to Diet and Vegetarian Products & Recipes