Cutting and Bulking ??

Feel free to ask about anything here, and you'll be provided down to earth and often research backed answers.

Cutting and Bulking ??

Postby SportySardar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:30 pm

I've been reading body building posts for the past few months. I have been working out for about 7 months now. I'm quite serious and average 3 workouts a week and 2 days cardio. I am 6'2'' and 210#. I am taking some protien shakes and creatine. I have some fat around my midsection but not a whole lot.

Is it time to get into this cutting or bulking phase? Which should i do? Should i get thinner? or Should i put on bulk?

Or is it too early for this and I should just go in and do arms, legs, chest and back exercises in the gym?

TIA
SportySardar

Re: Cutting and Bulking ??

Postby Canuck Singh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:25 am

It's probably prudent to continue with the weight training, and continue with the cardio. Usually referred to as a lean bulk'.

You want to maintain the muscle adaptations and the positive benefits that go with it, while also introducing fat burning cardio. The results may take longer to achieve the desired effect, but the long run often pays off with less burn out, and overall better results.

Gurfateh
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Re: Cutting and Bulking ??

Postby SportySardar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks, Canuck Singhji. I read a little about lean bulking. It seems I need to have a surplus of 500 calories every day to make gains. Is that true? I think i usually end up with break even or a deficit of 200. Reason being I usually burn out 400 to 500 calories each work out.

I am afraid that taking 500 calories in surplus will cause me to put fat around my belly. It has been a long struggle to lose the tire and I don't want it coming back. Any suggestions on what calorie intake will help lean bulking?

Thanks.
SportySardar

---------

Return to Questions & Answers