About myself

Introduce Yourself here...

About myself

Postby SportySardar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 am

I am 35 years old. I am reasonably fit. I run 3 miles twice a week. I go to the gym twice a week and do free weights. So far I've been trying to merely remain fit. I have been going to the gym for 2 years now to stay fit. I am reasonably tall ( 6'2''). I would like to bulk up a little. I do not have bad eating habits but I live a normal life (meaning i do eat pizzas every once in a while).

I bought some creating from GNC and have been taking it irregularly. I travel on work so my gym schedules go out of whack.

Any advise on bulking up (not using steroids) will be appreciated. Look forward to this forum.
SportySardar

Re: About myself

Postby Canuck Singh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm

SportySardar wrote:I am 35 years old. I am reasonably fit. I run 3 miles twice a week. I go to the gym twice a week and do free weights. So far I've been trying to merely remain fit. I have been going to the gym for 2 years now to stay fit. I am reasonably tall ( 6'2''). I would like to bulk up a little. I do not have bad eating habits but I live a normal life (meaning i do eat pizzas every once in a while).

I bought some creating from GNC and have been taking it irregularly. I travel on work so my gym schedules go out of whack.

Any advise on bulking up (not using steroids) will be appreciated. Look forward to this forum.

That sounds great, and welcome to the forum, you are definitely sporty... :D

Naturally eating out of the ordinary is fine. Ideally we should all strive to be as lean as possible, but becoming super lean is not necessary, so a cheat meal every so often sounds fine.

In regards to bulking, why not post your current routine up and we can see and look at tweaking it to suit your schedule and equipment. 8-)
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby channi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:24 pm

In regard to travelling and fitness on the go, you can always do pushups in the room and even with your feet on the bed making it an incredible workout!
channi

Postby SportySardar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 am

I was travelling last 3 months. I was in India for a month and I have put on some serious weight. I am now 215#. I normally go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I only do free weights. I do a little bit of bench press but stay away from the dumbbells. I do not mind doing them but they are always in use.

I typically jog for 40 minutes out doors before going to gym.

1 day i will do all shoulders and upper body exercise for 30 minutes.

1 day I do all lower body and maybe bench press.

If I do go a third day to the gym, I do stomach and shoulders.
SportySardar

Postby Canuck Singh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:04 pm

SportySardar wrote:I was travelling last 3 months. I was in India for a month and I have put on some serious weight. I am now 215#. I normally go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I only do free weights. I do a little bit of bench press but stay away from the dumbbells. I do not mind doing them but they are always in use.

Paji,

It is interesting, when people told me about travelling to india in the past, they complained of losing great amount of weight. Now the story is often opposite, in that people are complaining of gaining much weight there.

I must admit however, when i was last there, I did come across a vegetarian restaraunt I believe run by a Sardar in Jaipur. It was the most amazing Mattar Paneer sabzji that I have ever consumed. I still have the image of the plate fresh in my mind! :grinS:

Ji, I have made various recommendations regarding diet in the Nutrition section. Some things I often suggest are:
- When consuming roti, make 1 larger thin roti (as in India), and consume larger amounts of healthy daal and sabzi
- As mentioned in the other thread, increase milk and dairy, which are a source of calcium. Calcium has been shown in research to enhance fat loss

I typically jog for 40 minutes out doors before going to gym.

- If I may recommend, I suggest that this be reduced to 20 minutes, and AFTER the workout. It should not be a leisurely pace. One should include sprints, runs, and several huff and puff intervals into the training to enhance fat loss. Please see cardiovascular section for more details about this

1 day i will do all shoulders and upper body exercise for 30 minutes.

1 day I do all lower body and maybe bench press.

If I do go a third day to the gym, I do stomach and shoulders.
Ji, It is highly recommended that when one trains, they train the larger muscle groups and enhance overall lean muscle mass. This lean muscle will be more metabolically active, enhancing fat loss. This means if you have 3 days, it should look something like this
Day 1 - Quads, Calves, Upper Back, Biceps
Day 2 - Chest, Shoulders, Abdominals
Day 3 - Lower back, Hamstrings, Traps, Triceps

One can easily gain large amounts of muscle on 3 days, see here for example: training-programmes-rest-pause-training-t558.html
Canuck Singh
Site Admin

Postby SportySardar » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Cancukji,
I think I need to read more on the site. My weight gain was primarily due to the pronthas in the morning. My mother would keep on making them and I would keep on eating them. Things got so bad that in a week that I was eating 6 pronthas :mrgreen: At that point I had to take a step back and started cutting back. Thank God for that.

Once again thanks for the advise. i will go through the articles and databases.

WGKK WGKF
SS
SportySardar

Postby Alton11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 am

Hi Everyone,,,
I am John.I am currently doing my studies.I am a big lover of chat.I like browsing different sites,playing games online,looking for new softwares and there reviews...
Alton11

---------

Return to SIF Introductions